Procedure for recovery after Rhinoplasty in Iran:
Like any other operation, bruising and swelling are common after the nose job. Initial swelling may decrease after one or two weeks postoperatively, but it may take several months to a year for the entire swelling to subside.
Nose swabs help reduce swelling, but breathing through the nose is not possible until it is removed.
- Put ice on your forehead to stop bleeding.
- Avoid fining for at least two weeks.
If you need to sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- Keep the inside of the nose moist with a nose spray.
- Do not touch the stitches with your fingers.
- Apply sutures to the nostrils of petroleum jelly and ointment.
- To help ease the swelling process, keep your head up for at least 48 hours after surgery.
- Try to avoid hard foods that require a lot of chewing for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid heavy activity to prevent bleeding and increase swelling.
- You should not wear glasses on your nose for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- The surgeon sutures after 3 days.
Remarkably, the recovery in both primary and restorative rhinoplasty is the same.